Re: Use control file rebuild to increase log size

From: Me <Big_guy_at_gods.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:28:40 GMT

Thanks for your response, Howard.

In regards to your comments:
- replacing the control file is the only way (AFAIK) to modify certain parameters (maxlogfiles, maxlogmembers, etc.) so it should be a safe operation.
- I wanted to increase the maxlogfiles setting anyway so this is actually a shortcut
- I wanted to do this to 6 databases so it's a shortcut * 6

So the real question in my mind was whether there was any chance of data loss (shouldn't be if I shut down the database using transaction or immediate) or whether at some future time, the database would announce that the files are somehow out of sync.

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:0rhl9.41755$g9.120510_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

| "Me" <Big_guy_at_gods.com> wrote in message
| > Hi,
| >
| > Everything I have read on the subject to date either implies or says
| > outright that you can't use "resetlogs" in a control file rebuild to
| > increase the size of the logs. Yet, I tried this and it worked fine.
If