Re: Moving DB from NT to other Platforms

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:48:32 +0100

"Majid Khosrow" <makhosrow_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GwHl9.27338$sR2.476781_at_news4.ulv.nextra.no...
> Hi
> I want to move a DB (Oracle 7.3.4) from NT to another Platforms (Unix,
Linux
> ...Oracle8i).
> Do I need 2 exportes ? One full_exp with data & another full_exp without
> data ?(if yes, why?).
> I have too many users & tables in my DB.
>
> Thanx.

export the database on the PC server
ftp the export in binary mode to the unix server import the database on the unix server.
Can't say anything about the implications as you don't provide any useful info, and my crystal ball has worn out.

This is copyright Sybrand. And he's right.

Paul
P.S. Too many users and tables? Drop a few. And then reconsider your security policy. Received on Sun Sep 29 2002 - 16:48:32 CDT