Re: rollback segment errors

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:14:58 +0200

On 29 Sep 2002 07:07:18 -0700, sasubram_at_cisco.com (shankar) wrote:

>We are getting this error while I run a plsql process (just to update
>20 records).

You must be committing every individual record, inside a loop, while selecting from the table you are updating. That now is, for reasons which have been explained here ad nauseam, the safest way to run into ora-1555.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Sep 29 2002 - 10:14:58 CDT