rollback segment errors

From: shankar <sasubram_at_cisco.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2002 07:07:18 -0700

Hello,
We are getting this error while I run a plsql process (just to update 20 records).
ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 1 with name "R11" too small
ORA-06512: at line 33
DBA says we have about 10 G in rollback segment space.

Snapshot too error bothers me.. No one else doing anything in the database.

When we took all the rollback segments offline, and created one big rollback the process completed.

(again next day, we had the smae problem even with one big rollback segment).

Any idea/suggestion of what might be happening..

According the dba, there is nothing wierd going in the db. We do have siebel server running on this db. I don't know whether siebel (which I hate) is causing problem.

thanks in advance for your help

shankar Received on Sun Sep 29 2002 - 09:07:18 CDT