Oracle 6 tablespace problem

From: <gquesnel_at_magma.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:59:10 GMT

I am hopping that someone who encounterred this problem, a long time ago would remember how they went about fixing it ...

Unix version : SunOS scotty 4.1.4 3 sun4c Oracle version : ORACLE RDBMS V6.0.33.1.1 - Production

I am trying to create a tablespace but encountering privilege problems I have an osuser who belongs to dba group in the unix environment. ... using sqldba.

SQLDBA> connect internal
Connected.
SQLDBA> create tablespace guy datafile '/b/ora/dbs/guy.dbf' size 1M; ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01116: error in opening database file '/b/ora/dbs/E70_emul_space_20.dat'
ORA-07368: sfofi: open error, unable to open database file. SunOS Error: 13: Permission denied

If the osuser is oracle , it works fine. -

Also if we open up the security on the directory (777),  the tablespace will get created, but the owner (and privileges) will be those of the OSUSER who called up SQLDBA (vs oracle).

Is there a flag in Oracle 6, or does this sound like a program corruption ?

I'd appreciate any hints or clues.
Tia
Guy Quesnel Received on Fri Sep 27 2002 - 16:59:10 CDT