Re: Database migration question.

From: John Campbell <john.campbell7_at_virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:39:09 +0100

There are a number of data dictionary views you can query to get the information you require.
Tablespace info can be found in:
DBA_TABLEPSACES
V$TABLESPACE
USER_TABLEPSACES The datafile, tables etc have similar views to query. The DICTIONARY table contains a list of all these views and can be queried to find the info you require. e.g.

select * from dict where table_name like '%TABLESPACE%';

will give you a list of views with the word "TABLESPACE" in them. So for datafiles substitute the word "TABLESPACE" for "DATAFILE"

Hope this helps

John