Re: Can You partition IOT Overflow segment?

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:24:50 +0200

chan01 wrote:

> Samuel H Roseman <calliesam_at_ev1.net> wrote in message news:<3D91CA26.7080600_at_ev1.net>...
> > I am creating a partitioned Index Organized Table.
> > I can not find syntax for partitioning the overflow.
> > It appears that you can only specify one overflow tablespace.
> > This is not good for a large multi-gigabtye table.
> > Am I overlooking something?
> >
> > Oracle 9.2.0 under SuSE Linux 8.0
> >
> > Thanx
>
> Database equipartition the overflow data with IOT inline data.
>
> Thanks
> Chan

Hello

while Chan was perfectly right with equipartitioning, the answer was perhaps
a bit short.

If you read the Oracle 9i Concepts Guide, there is a small example on partitioning
IOTs. However, the example omits the tablespace clause for the partition itself.

A great way to find such things is (thanks to Tom Kyte and his valuable book) ;-)

The file tbl.txt contains the unformatted (aka nearly unreadable) create table statement
with every option exp/imp is aware of (including the overflow tablespace for partitioned iots).

Hope this helps

Holger Received on Fri Sep 27 2002 - 10:24:50 CDT