Re: Fine Grain Security and select... for update

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 17:54:15 -0700

Nice try from ORACLE support. This workaround does not make much sense though. It seems to imply that you need to the put that piece of code somewhere in your application to first find out if FGAC exists and then let the user do the update - if this user does have the update privilege. You just don't implement security that way. The whole point of FGAC is that it does not matter what applicaton you use, you are always under its ever watchful eyes. It should be totally transparent. If you have to depend on one single application for FGAC to work, this is not FGAC anymore.