Re: Fine Grain Security and select... for update

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 17:20:27 -0700

Actually, I think DBMS_LOB is run under with the privilege of the current user, not SYS. You can not update the data if you do not have the "update" privilege.
So this problem appears to be limited to FGAC only.

SQL> create table tyu (id number(1), clob_col clob);

Table created.

SQL> insert into tyu values(1,'abc');

1 row created.

SQL> grant select on tyu to scott;