Setup fails on NT4 with downloaded Oracle 8i zip image

From: Steve Gallagher <jeng_steveg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 13:11:04 -0700

I downloaded the trial version of Oracle 8i and unzipped it into a directory.
I see a bunch of dirs with stuff in them, and in the main dir I see an html file and setup.exe So I kickoff setup.exe, he chatters for a few seconds and then silently goes away. Installation never starts. So I go into autorun and try kicking off the autoron file. He displays the usual "install components" etc screen. click on install components, a bit of chatter and then silently goes away. Any idea what this guy is not finding that is causing him not to want to install? Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 15:11:04 CDT