Re: Oracle - Corba - Client - Server - Pagination

From: Christoph Seidel <chris666.seidel_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:07:25 +0200

a friend of mine has examined this in an ejb environ (borland 4.5)

afair:

  1. cache the rs in a sfsb as 2-dim object array
  2. cache the rs in a sfsb as cached rowset
  3. cache the rs in a sfsb as xml-string
  4. cache the rs in a temporary db-table, fetch by page-no, requires sp's
  5. cache the pk's in a sfsb only, fetch by keyset

environ: loadtest with rowsets with about 1000 rows, 200 users, 2 cpus, 500 mb ram, wintel

2. was absolutely the best, very fast
1. and 3. was ok
4. and 5. were really worse, too much db-i/o