Re: Fine Grain Security and select... for update

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:58:27 +0100

Annoying defect.

I believe the correct solution is that the dbms_lob ought to respect the policy - however a workaround might be to wrap the dbms_lob package in a "tableX_lob" package which gets called with the primary key and the lob locator. "tableX_lob" package should be declared AUTHID CURRENT_USER (ugh!) so that it executes the fgac policy. The package then needs to update a column in the table to itself based on the primary key, and if this succeeds call dbms_lob - if no row is updated, then the call to dbms_lob should not be made.

Clunky - but it might work. (And, of course, dbms_lob should not be available for direct calls).

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk