the OracleMysidService could not be stopped.

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:56:42 +0200

System: 8.1.7.4.1 Win2k

Running as local admin i do "net stop OracleMysidService" from a .cmd file. It displays the message "The OracleserviceMysidService could not be stopped",
however the instance is stopped. Alertlog is perfect and has "Shutting down instance(immidiate)" and "completed:alter database close normal" etc. The service also displays as stopped and when started again it will bring up the instance.
Everything seems to work perfect.

Im puzzled why it displays "The OracleserviceMysidService could not be stopped"? I know my customers will ask ;-)

TIA
Peter Laursen Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 09:56:42 CDT