Re: Oracle installer hangs

From: eugenep <eugene_at_mail.gsfc.state.ga.us>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 06:29:45 -0700

> I am trying to install Oracle Server 8.1.7 on an HP-UX 11.0 system (patch
> level june-02). The inteactive Oracle installer hangs when it's 94% finished
> with the preparations - current action is "Processing Oracle Protocol
> Support 8..." It doesn't finish this action - the only thing I can do is to
> close the window to cancel the installation.
>

> Anyone knows how I fix this problem?
>
> /Anders

Please see Bug 1345633 on Oracle's MetaLink site. I went ahead and killed (as root) the forked swlist process; that enabled the installation to continue with no ill effects that I could see. You might wish to do a CUSTOM install instead of TYPICAL and deselect the Advanced Security Option from the product list.

Regards,

    Eugene Pokopac (Oracle DBA - Tucker, GA) Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 08:29:45 CDT