Re: ORASHUT.bat on 8i ?

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:25:54 +0200

You guys misunderstand me. I can start and stop the database. However WHEN the database is shutdown I need to run a script. By calling that script in orashut I get to run that script before the database is shutdown.

This is part of a cold backup solution that is running at small shops, that dont have a DBA or anybody that knows anything about Oracle. I made scripts that selects from v$datafile etc to know which files to backup when the database is shutdown.

Peter Laursen