Re: replication

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:40:56 +0100

"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:amsq030d13_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> In article <3D90D9E9.C922651D_at_yahoo.com>, Kenneth says...
> >
> >Can someone answer a couple of questions?
> >
> >1. What is the difference between replication and advanced replication?
>
> Zip, zero, nothing.

<snip>

Pete,

Version: 8.1.7.0.0. Platform: Various (mainly HPUX 32 bit). Begging permission from the authorities to upgrade to 8.1.7.4; currently awaiting clearance.

You may very well be right; I'm not arguing. I can make replication work; but I'm darned if I can do the same with AR.

Seriously, I'd welcome the publication of 'Oracle Replication for Dummies'. I have tried the concepts manual, but it still leaves me baffled. For example, I have successfully created updatable snapshots, but after they've been updated at the snapshot site, the next update at the master site overwrites all the changes at the snapshot site. I know I must doing something stupid, but any pointers would be more than welcome.

Flame away, all!

Cheers,
Paul Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 16:40:56 CDT