Re: Oracle Server Cost

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:08:32 +0100

"unknown" <nobody_at_blackhole.nospam.com> wrote in message news:pan.2002.09.25.14.22.21.259089.1819_at_blackhole.nospam.com...
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:36:56 +0200, Toby Berriman wrote:
>
> Well, there are prices, and then there are prices. And rebates. And
> special deals with schools.
>
> Most people seem to think that Oracle software is free.
>
> Probably the same people that think that filling your car up with gas is
> free. Or buying your wife flowers is free if you can run fast enought).
>
> Or killing your neighbour is free, as long as nobody catches you doing it.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> dmz17 --- If I had an Xbox it would run Linux ---

It *is* free to download, play with, experiment and develop. When you come to deploy, you must pay sensible money for the licence. Seems entirely reasonable to me.

If you don't believe me, ask Oracle.

Please don't be so patronizing.

By the way, there is already a version of linux available for download on xboxes.

Paul Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 16:08:32 CDT