Re: sql tuning

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2002 09:47:33 -0700

In article <EEik9.39762$g9.115401_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, "Richard says...

>Hi Norman,
>
>Can I please second this nomination.
>
>I only have the first edition which is a little dated and somewhat tatty
>looking but when I was in the process of converting from DB2 to Oracle, it
>was THE book that helped me write SQL appropriately in an Oracle
>environment.

Ah, but the first edition had a thanks to me in it which got removed from the second edition, so the first edition must have been better! :)

Seriously, I'd agree that this is one of the better books on SQL tuning that's out there. In response to Norman's comment on the 9i version, I haven't seen anything past the second edition yet, and it's been a while since I looked at that edition. I don't think it covers 9i but I might be wrong on that.

Pete

>Cheers
>
>Richard
>"Norman Dunbar" <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Try this one :
>>
>> Oracle SQL high-performance tuning by Guy Harrison.
>>
>> The version I have is the second edition, I'm not sure if there is a
>> leter release for 9i or not.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Norman.

>> Norman Dunbar
>> Database/Unix administrator
>> Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
>> mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
>> Tel: 0113 289 6265
>> Fax: 0113 289 3146

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 11:47:33 CDT