Re: What is a good blocksize to use.

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:00:40 GMT

I apologize. I didn't mean to imply that you specifically are the one who responds with a put down. :) I usually just ignore posts from "suspected" students. Like you said, you can often id them by their "sample data".

Where will we go next, you ask? Well, I'm just waiting for the next killer programming language to come along and unseat Java. I haven't quite given up on PL/SQL yet ... but one of these days, Oracle will offer another "hot" language within their db to replace Java and PL/SQL. With the overabundance of respect between Larry Ellison and Bill Gates - uh-huh - I can bet it won't be anything with MS in front of it.

Daniel Morgan wrote:
> The issue of whether a response is a put down is subject to interpretation ...
> they are not intended that way. Though I must confess that many students, these
> days, seem to possess no moral inhibitions with respect to cheating. But still
> no put down is intended.