Patching HPUX to 8174 fails

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:09:34 +0100

Hi Paul,

I'll keep you posted - cheers.

I'm about to do a 9.2 install (enterprise) on one of my servers too - so I'd be interested in progress. Mine will be maily OLTP with a few batch runs thrown if just to pickle the mix. I do know from reading the 'quick install notes' that I'm in for a lovely weekend of kernel parameter changes - only about 500 or so plus a fair few patches over and above the latest (JUNE 2002 patch kit from HP).

Good luck to your colleague.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146

Norman,

Sorry, I can't help, but I'd be interested to hear the eventual solution.
Please keep us posted.
Good luck.

BTW, a colleague of mine is about to install 9iR2 on HPUX11 for serious (DW) usage. Is anyone interested in progress reports, or are you all ahead
of
us?

Paul Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 05:09:34 CDT