Re: Question; SQL Plus commands and NT Batch file.

From: David Sharples <david.sharples3_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:07:59 +0100

Dont know if its the same on NT but on unix you'd do something like this

sqlplus Telecomm/Password_at_pmgd.es.alliance.com <<EOF start e:\radius\sqlldr\insert
exit
EOF "Joe Caporina" <spam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:3d90e127$1_7_at_news.newsgroups.com...
> I'm sure someone seen this before and knows the answere. I created a
> scheduled NT batch file to run a SQL Loader and SQL script to update my
> Cisco Radius logs into an Oracle database table for an account billing
> front end. The Question is how do I get the SQL Plus script to exit and
> close the DOS window when the .bat is executed and finished. Exit does
work
> without the enter key.
> Copy of batch file ;
> sqlldr Telecomm/Password_at_pmgd.es.alliance.com
> control=e:\radius\sqlldr\loader.ctl log=log23 skip=1
> data=e:\radius\sqlldr\iasdata.csv
>

> sqlplus Telecomm/Password_at_pmgd.es.alliance.com @e:\radius\sqlldr\insert
>
> Copy of SQL script ;
> create ias_records2 as select distinct * from ias_records
>
> drop ias_records
>
> rename ias_records2 to ias_records
>
> insert into telecomm.accttable

(username,duration,nasaddress,nasport,bytesin,bytesout,paksin,paksout,framed

ipaddress,nasidentifier,acctlinkcount,connectinfo,shivatypeofservice,calling

stationid,calledstationid,shivadisconnectreason,logoutdatetime,logindatetime
> )
>
> select

user_name,acct_session_time,nas_ip_address,nas_port,acct_input_octets,acct_o

utput_octets,acct_input_packets,acct_output_packets,framed_ip_address,nas_id

entifier,acct_link_count,connect_info,service_type,calling_station_id,called