Windows2000 8gig RAM with XEONS

From: Chris Forbis <chrisforbis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2002 14:30:17 -0700

I am aware that in Windows2000 you can not give Oracle more that a little over 3gig of mem without setting the /3G /PAE options in the boot ini. I have also read that doing this will slow an oracle instance down for many small operations.

My question is this:
1. Am I going nuts and this is old information... 2. With the XEON line of CPU's from Intel PAE mode is supported at the CPU level. With this will the database run slower or because the mem mapping is done on the cpu is it better?

Thanks for any advice/experience you all can offer.

Chris Received on Tue Sep 24 2002 - 16:30:17 CDT