Re: Strange behaviour of Ora 9.2

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:09:59 +0100

The Oracle 9 optimizer has been enhanced. Are all the init.ora parameters the same, including block size, across the two databases ? Have you generated stats (including system_stats) for one and not the other ?

Order of predicate evaluation will allow queries that 'deserve' to crash with ORA-01722 actually to run to completion. And in Oracle 9.2 that order is affected by column selectivities when cpu_costing is active.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk