Re: Newbie: Problems to connect using port 1521

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:10:16 GMT

Your listener.ora looks ok. Since you are still having trouble, let me ask if you have a firewall. We had that difficulty and only after a thorough search of Oracle's MetaLink did we find out how to configure OracleNet to work with our firewall (which didn't understand Net8). If this is your case, you might start with Note 125021.1 (Oracle Connectivity with Firewalls).

You said you are a Newbie, so you might not have discovered MetaLink yet ... just go to http://metalink.oracle.com ... you have to request a userid/password, but you'll find a wealth of useful tips and such. Just type 'firewall' in the search box (if that's what you have).

You have several options to get ONet to talk on a specific port:

  1. Connection Manager
  2. Shared socets (NT)
  3. Multi-Threaded Server

Hope this puts you on the right trail to track down your particular problem.