Re: Lost Password problem

From: Michael J. Moore <hicamel_x_the_spam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:12:09 GMT

yes, you can bring up a command window and type in EXP It should prompt you through the export options. EXPort is a batch utility and you can read about it in the oracle utilities manual.
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/server.920 /a96652.pdf

I think that the problem you are having with OEM is that OEM keeps it's own set of usernames internally (in it's repository). It is saying that the OEM user id ( not the database user id) that you are logged on under does not sufficient credentals.
Mike

"MThomas" <markt_at_wrx-ca.com> wrote in message news:pBKj9.3010$i%.792615_at_localhost...
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I can set the password for the user SYS successfully (using your
> instructions), though it still will not allow me to reach the Oracle
> Management Server (it claims I have incorrect credentials). Is it
possible
> to export the schema directly from SQL rather than through the export tool
> found in the Database Manager Console?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> MThomas
>

> "Michael J. Moore" <hicamel_x_the_spam_at_attbi.com> wrote in message
> > I believe that any user with DBA authority can reset the password for
SYS.
> > Log on as SYSTEM and
> > alter user sys identified by newpassword;
> >
> > "MThomas" <markt_at_wrx-ca.com> wrote in message
> > > Good morning:
> > >
> > > We are curently evaluating Oracle 9i and due to circumstances have
lost
> > the
> > > password (the SYS account) to log into the Oracle Management Server.
Is