Re: Oracle 8i + forms 6i for win problems

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:41:10 GMT

That, unfortunately, is the nature of the beast. Oracle has not updated all the "pieces" and so you are faced with some 8.0.6 and some 8.1.7 code. It all works together - mostly - but you will face some administrative problems - like Net8 not being able to always resolve your service name, forcing you to copy a common tnsnames.ora to everywhere (let me know if you encounter this problem and I'll explain further). You will execute the SQL+ that is in your default oracle home.