Re: Connection Problem to Oracle9i Reports Builder

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:34:44 GMT

The trouble with multiple oracle homes is that Net8 uses your current home to find its tnsnames.ora file. You have two choices:

  1. Copy a working tnsnames.ora to every network\admin (or net80\admin) you can find. This might mean merging entries from each. Also make sure you have valid sqlnet.ora files (in one install I found a sqlnet.ora that had comment lines with no '#' at the front, which thoroughly confused Net8).
  2. Set the TNS_ADMIN environment variable (registry variable in Windows - HKLM\Software\Oracle).