Installation question

From: Ryan <mattycruft_at_daemons.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:41:13 -0400

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know why Oracle wants the oraInventory file in /opt/oracle? I did a previous installation, and have a feeling that a file is left over. Where does this info reside? I looked at the the runInstaller.sh shell script, and could not find a reference to this.

Thanks for any insight,
Ryan

[oracle_at_pooh Disk1]$ ./runInstaller
[oracle_at_pooh Disk1]$ You do not have permission to write to the \

                     inventory /opt/oracle/oraInventory. Installation \
                     cannot continue.: Permission denied