Re: Need help with V$PARAMETER

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:10:27 +0200

I tested your function but it works fine with me (after eliminating the errors). Are you sure you granted select to the user who owns the function when you where connected as SYS? Only SYS can give those grants. Because you use stored PL/SQL you can't grant via role, you must grant directly. Query DBA_TAB_PRIVS to check it.

But I think a much easier solution is to call the function

   DBMS_UTILITY.GET_PARAMETER_VALUE
In my database execute priv is granted to public but mayby I did that myself, it's my playground db.
It is described in the book Oracle8i Supplied PL/SQL Packages Reference.

Aziz <azizbr_at_rogers.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 6c3j9.12047$q41.138_at_news02.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...