Re: Library Cache Pin problems

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2002 12:29:47 -0700

eckard.biskup_at_gmx.de (ecki) wrote in message news:<60600e9b.0209190413.6c1daca0_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I got some problems with Oracle and Library Cache pin's.
>
> Situation:
> ==========
> Oracle version: 8.1.7.4
> OS: Solaris 8
> Hardware: Sun Fire 15000
> Total size of database: 2,5 TB
> Involved Application: Specific ERP-Application with Oracle Backend
>
> Sometimes the database got in trouble with library cache pin's (93%
> within Stats Pack). All transactions which were running at this time
> ran very slow. The reason for that situation is likely unclear. But my
> question is, even if the ERP-application generates the problem, what
> can be done to prevent this situation in general?

In addition to others' suggestion, you may also want to periodically look at v$session_wait and catch some 'library cache pin' wait events. When you see one, match P1 (handle address) with x$kglob.KGLHDADR to see what object it is. If the object is constantly a particular one, see if you can optimize it or report it to Oracle Support and ask why. Also, make sure the object is not being compiled when it's used.

Yong Huang Received on Fri Sep 20 2002 - 14:29:47 CDT