Adding two different columns in a view

From: gamaz <gamaz_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:21:44 GMT

Hi,
I have a view name WV82_UNION where there are two columns; TOT_AMT_BOUGHT and TOT_AMT_PAID

Now I have to select a column which will add up the above two columns. I am issuing the following commands:

select (TOT_AMT_BOUGHT + TOT_AMT_PAID) from WV82_UNION;

                *

However, I am getting the following error.

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

My question is: Is the query expression correct or do I need some modification . Thanks in advance for any help. Regards. Received on Fri Sep 20 2002 - 11:21:44 CDT