Re: Block Corruption, cant start DB -SOS

From: Candido Dessanti <termy_at_blunet.it>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:54:19 +0200

> The point you are missing is that you have no control over the
> synchronisation of the data files at the time of instance failure. There
> could well be a datafile that has a timestamp after the point of recovery
> required to avoid the associated block corruption. In theory it could work
> but it would be a matter of hit or miss.

The funny thing is that it doesnt work...shame on me.

> You *must* perform a incomplete *database* recovery in order to perform a
> tablespace point in time recovery. There is no such thing as an isolated
> tablespace point in time recovery.

No for tablespace Point in time recovery you need

1)All the datafiles associated with the tablespace you want put back in   time

2)All datafiles for the system tablespace
3)All archived logs files to the desired recovery point
4)A Backup copy of your current control file

ANd yes...you recover just a tablespace; for sure TSPITR has to be performed with a fully functional database.

Anyway 10x for your contribute to this discussion

ciao Received on Fri Sep 20 2002 - 10:54:19 CDT