Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: Can I use the Windows NT logon on Oracle Portal?Has anyone managed to take advantage of the fact that a Portal-user already is logged on to NT?

Re: Can I use the Windows NT logon on Oracle Portal?Has anyone managed to take advantage of the fact that a Portal-user already is logged on to NT?

From: Vasily Poushko <vasily_at_rbcmail.ru>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:48:09 +0400

At this document
http://portalstudio.oracle.com/pls/ops/docs/FOLDER/COMMUNITY/OTN_CONTENT/MAI NPAGE/SECURITY/PORTALSECURITY9IASV2_1.PDF I found "In release 3.0.9, the SSO server provided support for external authentication by allowing an implementation of custom logic in a package named WWSSO_AUTH_EXTERNAL. In 9.0.2, the ability to authenticate to an external repository has been migrated to OID. In Release 2, the SSO server will always authenticate against OID. The OID server in turn will provide the capability to perform the credential verification against an external repository. Please refer to the OID Administrator's Guide, Release 9.0.2, for more information on the OID Plug-In Framework."

Integration with Sitemider described in Oracle9 iAS Single Sign-On Integration with Third-Party Single Sign-On Products Version 3.0.9 and not apply to 9.0.2 release:(

But now exists OID 9.0.4b. Ant it includes "Oracle9iAS/Windows2000 Integration".

http://www.oracle.com/forums/message.jsp?id=476578&pgm=otn&uid=1031582398836

http://portalstudio.oracle.com/pls/ops/url/FOLDER/COMMFOLDERS/1351/