Re: Block Corruption, cant start DB -SOS

From: Candido Dessanti <termy_at_blunet.it>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:23:52 +0200

> Point being, what the headers of the file say the SCN is, is not a reliable
> guide to the SCN of the actual contents of those files. Oracle spots that
> and throws up the usual error whenever some part of the database is left at
> a time later than another part of the database has gotten to.
>
> You can't do what you propose to do.

Yeah it appear you cant even i cant undestand exactly why. It would be the same as an incomplete recovery that i did several time without having any trouble. Just luck?
Anyway have you an idea why it doesnt work? (I tried even tried to sync all with the change number of control file)

10x for your patience :)

(BTW: applying my crazy idea i havent missed the database tough) Received on Fri Sep 20 2002 - 09:23:52 CDT