Re: PC-Linux : Can't connect across network

From: Antti Järvinen <costello_at_iki.fi>
Date: 20 Sep 2002 13:48:55 +0300

"Peter BUSS" <pbuss_at_datacomm.ch> writes:
> to on the linux PC. The linux PC uses iptables and I have fully opened
> up the network between the linux PC and any PC which can connect to
> it through a switch.

What means "fully opened"? Any port between your database server and the client? Or only port 1521 or where your listener might be .. as it seems to me (at least with oracle8) that when client connects to listener at port 1521 the listener gives the client another port number to connect to and this port may be anything .. so you might want to allow all ports between client and server.

And to find out if this thingie has something to do with your iptables conf or not, you may turn iptables off like /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables stop
then try connecting and put fw on again by saying /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables start
.. if you have fw down for a few seconds, it is not that likely that someone will come through during that time.

--
Antti