Re: optimal size for rollback

From: Karen Abgarian <abvk_at_ureach.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:23:20 GMT

I would phrase it as: a properly written application should not let the users leave uncommitted transactions for undefined amount of time. Not only because of rollback segments.

These systems should not exist but they do. And these problems do happen. Speaking of DBA's take on this, their involvement should be limited to spotting such things and preventing service loss that might be caused by them. Speaking of application support or development, they should redesign or fix these things if at all possible.

Regs
AK