Re: Infamous JRE Installation Problem with 9i Again. :-(

From: Brad Melendy <brad_at_techknow.biz>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:29:29 -0700

Well, I figured it out. It was indeed the CDs. Turns out, that the download (and yes, it was a .zip file not an ISO as I had said previously) has characteristics such that it can only be properly burned to CD with certain settings. In NERO, I had to select Mode 2 rather than Mode 1 and ISO9660 standard isn't comatible either.

I had just burned the uncompressed zip images to CD so I could easily take them to the test server and in so doing, had made changes to the format or filenames such that the installer couldn't run. Pretty crazy because I've copied tons of stuff to CD before, but only now have I ever encountered this sort of situation. It was such that copying back from the CD to the hard drive didn't do anyting to fix the problem either.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for their comments. I don't think I would have suspected the format that the CD had been burned with as a cause on my own. I am certain that there are a lot of other people suffering from this because of the messages I read with the same symptoms and hopefully this will shed some light for them as well.

Thanks again.

...Brad

"Tom Swier" <tswier_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8098db11.0209190955.11a0383_at_posting.google.com... > "Brad Melendy" <brad_at_techknow.biz> wrote in message news:<ic6i9.60$dd4.61267_at_news.uswest.net>...