Re: Where is the temporary table I created?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 01:14:58 +0200

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:38:48 GMT, "gamaz" <gamaz_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>Hi ,
>I created a temporary table using insert into, select into syntax. The
>Oracle server is in the unix machine. Now my question is: 1) Is there any
>way to download the Oracle table to my machine via ftp and ported to access?
>2)Which path in the Unix system can the new temporary table I created be
>found? I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. Regards.

1 The customary way is to get an Oracle ODBC driver for your Windows client, connect that to the database and export the table to Access Alternatives are: spooling the contents of the table to an Ascii file and download the Ascii file, importing it in Access 2 I would strongly recommend reading the Oracle Concepts Manual. One of the essential points of a database is that it doesn't matter where a table is. Tables are located in tablespaces, and tablespaces are located in datafiles. Those datafiles are in propietary non-ascii format so downloading the datafile doesn't make any sense.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Sep 19 2002 - 18:14:58 CDT