Re: Oracle compatibilty problems

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 01:10:35 +0200

On 19 Sep 2002 14:37:54 -0700, chantelle.langford_at_sasktel.sk.ca (Chantelle) wrote:

>Anyone know if you need to use Net9 if you use Oracle 9i (release2) Enterprise?
>Can Net8 be used with Oracle 9i?
>
>Also, does Oracle 9i REQUIRE the use of LDAP and/or OID?
>
>Any help would be great!

1 Oracle has always been downwards compatible. This means that lower version clients can be used against higher version databases 2 Oracle Names seems still to ship with Oracle 9i, however development on it stopped.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Sep 19 2002 - 18:10:35 CDT