using JServer...how to configure/use........new to this, please help

From: SlimFlem <slimflem_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2002 13:49:37 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am new to using JServer and the Java environment in general, so I need to ask some questions about the usage of Oracle's JServer. My company is using Oracle 8i running on Solaris. I have developed a set of Java classes that need to be loaded into Oracle. I know how to use loadjava to load the classes/jar files into Oracle, the problem is I don't know how to load dependencies into Oracle.

For example, most of my classes Xeres and Xalan along with SAX, etc. for Xml processing. I also have some external Xml files I use for runtime configuration. I need to know how to get the Xerces and Xalan libraries into JServer as well as my other external dependencies so my classes will resolve when loaded using loadjava.

Also, how do I configure CLASSPATH for JServer? Is all I need to do is configure CLASSPATH with the correct path information to my libaries? Please advise.

If someone could point me to some good online help for this sort of thing, I would really appreciate it. I have tried looking through Oracle's site, but I can't find exactly the information I need.

I hope I am making sense with all that I said.

Thanks,
Jesse Received on Thu Sep 19 2002 - 15:49:37 CDT