OCI9 driver

From: Rajesh Vasisht <rvasisht_at_scsnet.csc.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2002 13:23:04 -0700

I am getting an "Invalid URL" error when I try to connect to an Oracle 9.2 database via the OCI9 driver. Both my client and the backend database are running HP-UX 11. I have loaded the Oracle9i client on my client machine and set CLASSPATH to include the classes12.jar. I've also set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to point to the libocijdbc9.a library. My connect string looks like: conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci9:@ORASID", dbUser, dbPass);

ORASID is defined on the client's tnsnames.ora file. But I'm still getting that "Invalid URL" exception. Any ideas?? Received on Thu Sep 19 2002 - 15:23:04 CDT