Re: Recovery problem

From: Brian E Dick <bdick_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:40:28 GMT

I have a script that does something very similar with 8.1.7. Before I run the script I restore my hot backup data files, archived redo logs, and control file. The script looks something like this.

    set autorecovery on
    startup mount
    recover database using backup controlfile until cancel     alter database open resetlogs;

The recover statement stops with an error message when it can't find the next archived redo log, so I don't have to issue the cancel.