Re: OLTP and RAID 5

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:28:56 +0400

If you have objections against the application you bought - request supplier to fix it (you paid for it, and probably paid a lot) or do it yourself - stored outlines may be of help to fix misbehaving queries and cursor_sharing may help fixing lack of bind variables (but may break something else along the way...), and there a lot of other things you, as DBA, can fix before resorting to physical storage. And if the application is written so poorly it can't be optimized without major rewrite - playing with physical storage won't help you anyway.

My $.02