Re: UTL_FILE getting invalid path on Oracle 7.3.4.

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:16:44 +0200

On 18 Sep 2002 04:22:41 -0700, billwilliams_at_qcsoftware.com (Bill Williams) wrote:

>I am working on a client's legacy system running Oracle 7.3.4(PL/SQL
>2.3.4) running on AIX 4.2. I am trying to use the utl_file package.
>I have set utl_file_dir=* in the init ora file. The directory I am
>writing to has its permissions set to 777. The path I am trying to
>write to is /NAUTILUS/HOSTCOMM/UPLOAD. As you can see, there is no
>trailing / character. No matter what I do, I get the invalid path
>error.
>
>Any ideas?

Setting utl_file_dir to * will compromise security and stability of the server and AFAIK it has never worked: you need to set explicit directories seperated by semicolons

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 12:16:44 CDT