Re: DBA_SOURCE vs DBA_TRIGGERS

From: Michael J. Moore <hicamel_x_the_spam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:58:00 GMT

The following shows a join between dba_triggers and dba_source (well you can see what it does for yourself) there was actually a lot more but I snipped it short.

  1 select a.trigger_name,b.type,b.line,b.text   2 from dba_triggers a, dba_source b
  3 where a.trigger_name = b.name and b.line < 2   4* order by a.trigger_name,b.line
SQL> /

TRIGGER_NAME                   TYPE               LINE
------------------------------ ------------ ----------
TEXT

AURORA$SERVER$SHUTDOWN TRIGGER 1 trigger aurora$server$shutdown before shutdown on database call dbms_java.server_shutdown

AURORA$SERVER$STARTUP TRIGGER 1 trigger aurora$server$startup after startup on database call dbms_java.server_startup

CDC_ALTER_CTABLE_BEFORE TRIGGER 1 TRIGGER sys.cdc_alter_ctable_before

CDC_CREATE_CTABLE_AFTER TRIGGER 1 TRIGGER sys.cdc_create_ctable_after

Also, check this out ..........

  1 SELECT a.trigger_name
  2 FROM dba_triggers a
  3 WHERE a.trigger_name not in
  4* (SELECT name FROM dba_source WHERE text is not null) SQL> / no rows selected

So, unless I'm not thinking straight, this shows that EVERY dba_triggers row has at
least one corresponding row in dba_source.

Right?
Mike

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3D88A680.88F8440A_at_exesolutions.com...
> "Michael J. Moore" wrote:
>
> > For trigger source I understand that the source code can be found in
> > DBA_TRIGGERS.
> > Also, I thought that the same trigger source could be found in
DBA_SOURCE.