Re: Backup strategy using RMAN

From: Candido Dessanti <termy_at_blunet.it>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:51:42 +0200

> The "fact" that incremental backup take the same time as a full backup
> is kinda new to me.....true that RMAN must check all blocks in the DB
> in both cases, but there is definetely a difference between finding
> 90% and 2%of the blocks changed......from where does this "fact" come
> ?

With oracle8 is definetly the same for me...what is a backup if not reading blocks from database?
And incremental has to read all datafiles blocks, so the time would be the same, or at least is the same on small sized database using solaris 6 and oracle 8.0.6 Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 08:51:42 CDT