shutdown immediate hangs

From: Cristian Veronesi <veronesic_at_libero.it>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:54:35 +0200

Hello, Oracle 7.3.4 on SCO Openserver 5.0.4 here (I know, I know!)

I have a cron script that every night shuts down the database, copy the files on tape and restart the database (cold backup). Sometimes the script is not able to shut down the database and in the morning the database is still in shutdown progress. If I telnet into the system and manually kill all the oracle<sid> processes (except the one that is performing the shutdown of course :)) the database shuts down immediatly.
The script performs a SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance, Cris Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 02:54:35 CDT