Re: Data Buffer Cache

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:13:41 +1000

This is indeed true, provided you're prepared to undergo continuous checkpointing. If you have an SLA demanding signed, sealed and delivered instance recovery times, fair enough. But otherwise, *anything* that induces checkpointing when its not needed has got to be a dubious idea at best.

I tend to suggest making sure these parameters are either not set, or set to ridiculously high levels so they don't have any practical effect.

Unless you need the guaranteed recovery times, of course.

Regards