Re: some additional information ... -> Syntax /etc/system ?

From: Frank Ratzlow <frank_ratzlow_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2002 18:45:12 -0700

Hi Srivenu,

stupid question: what is the correct syntax of setting theses variables in the /etc/system. Am I right that these are used in a way as C #define?
In the net I've seen several versions like:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = value
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni = value
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg = value
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin = value
set semsys:seminfo_semmni = value
set semsys:seminfo_semmns = value
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl = value

and also:

set shmmax = value
set shmmni = value
set shmseg = value
set shmmin = value
set semmni = value
set semmns = value
set semmsl = value

and finally the same without an equal sign or without the keyword "set". Since I was never forced to change those settings I'm interested of the correct syntax.
Nevertheless here is the output from sysdef _without_ running the dbca wizard:

bash-2.05# sysdef | grep -i SHM
sys/sparcv9/shmsys
sys/shmsys

No further alerting messages in /var/adm/messages ... but why is ---sysdef----
* IPC Semaphores module is not loaded
*
*
* IPC Shared Memory module is not loaded

stated? Thought there should appear some values reflecting the /etc/system settings ...

for further instructions patiently waiting ...

Frank