oracle 9.0.1 on solaris 8 VERY slow

From: Mark <sparkynine_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2002 15:11:14 -0700

I have done the vanilla install on two separate machines ( both Netra T1 w/512M and 9 gig scsi ). The first I choose "transactional" database, and the second install I choose "generic". Here are the additions I made to /etc/system:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=1000
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

When I say things are very slow, is when our application makes about 10 connections and starts reading from the database. The data I am using is from a perfectly fine working 8.1.5 database (Netra X1 -- slower processor, ide, 256M). I did an exp/imp to get the data moved over.

Thanks
Mark Received on Tue Sep 17 2002 - 17:11:14 CDT